July 26-29, 2021 ~ Luther College in Decorah, Iowa
Exploring Community: Land, Water, People
The conference keynote from Robin Wall Kimmerer and sessions focused on the ideas of re-defining community to include all land, water, and people, and building healthy, resilient, vibrant communities for all.
Thank you to all! Upon reflection of MEEC 2021, we couldn’t be happier or more invigorated. There are many people and organizations to whom we owe our gratitude:
- The conference planning committee members, who put in many hours over the last 18 months planning, shifting, planning, and shifting again! It is thanks to their work, creativity, and enthusiasm that MEEC 2021 happened.
- The 90+ presenters and field trip and off-site session leaders who shared their knowledge, work, and expertise over the four days of the conference. We all left the conference with new ideas and new enthusiasm thanks to their generosity and dedication to making environmental and conservation education better for all.
- Our 2021 conference sponsors, who enthusiastically demonstrated their commitment to valuing and supporting our natural resources and the people working to protect it and connect others to it.
- Our conference host, Luther College and the Center for Sustainable Communities, who supported MEEC 2021 not only with physical space but also innovative ideas, enthusiastic volunteers, and moral support.
- The attendees, who rolled with us over the last year of preparation and ultimately came together enthusiastically and joyfully. MEEC 2021 was a success thanks to you.
We encourage you to explore and support the good work being done by the 2021 Conference Sponsors:
- Luther College Center for Sustainable Communities
- Iowa Coldwater Conservancy
- Project WILD Iowa / Aquatic WILD
- Visit Decorah
- Winneshiek County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Wild Birds Unlimited, Ames