July 26-29, 2021 ~ Luther College in Decorah, Iowa
Exploring Community: Land, Water, People
The conference keynote from Robin Wall Kimmerer and sessions focused on the ideas of re-defining community to include all land, water, and people, and building healthy, resilient, vibrant communities for all.
Thank you to all! Upon reflection of MEEC 2021, we couldn’t be happier or more invigorated. There are many people and organizations to whom we owe our gratitude:
- The conference planning committee members, who put in many hours over the last 18 months planning, shifting, planning, and shifting again! It is thanks to their work, creativity, and enthusiasm that MEEC 2021 happened.
- The 90+ presenters and field trip and off-site session leaders who shared their knowledge, work, and expertise over the four days of the conference. We all left the conference with new ideas and new enthusiasm thanks to their generosity and dedication to making environmental and conservation education better for all.
- Our 2021 conference sponsors, who enthusiastically demonstrated their commitment to valuing and supporting our natural resources and the people working to protect it and connect others to it.
- Our conference host, Luther College and the Center for Sustainable Communities, who supported MEEC 2021 not only with physical space but also innovative ideas, enthusiastic volunteers, and moral support.
- The attendees, who rolled with us over the last year of preparation and ultimately came together enthusiastically and joyfully. MEEC 2021 was a success thanks to you.
We encourage you to explore and support the good work being done by the 2021 Conference Sponsors:
- Luther College Center for Sustainable Communities
- Iowa Coldwater Conservancy
- Project WILD Iowa / Aquatic WILD
- Visit Decorah
- Winneshiek County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Wild Birds Unlimited, Ames
Please enjoy our memories of the Midwest EE Conference 2021!
Monday Evening at Toppling Goliath
Photos from Visit Decorah
Sessions at Luther
Wednesday Evening Celebration at the Decorah Fish Hatchery
7:00 – 7:45 – Rise & Shine Yoga Flow – Dahl Centennial Union Terrace
Join Laree Schouweiler, yoga teacher and founder of the Driftless Yoga Festival, for a “Rise & Shine Yoga Flow” on the Dahl Centennial Union terrace overlooking the Oneota River Valley. This vinyasa-based class is designed to explore the ecosystem of yoga: breath, gentle flow & rest. No previous yoga experience necessary and some mats will be available (but bring your own if you know you’ll be there). In an effort to make class accessible, sliding scale options, with suggested donation for class of $5-$15.